FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What time is your Sunday worship service? Our services begin on Sundays @10am with prayer/intercession followed by praise and worship. We are not what you may call traditional-our Sunday services are Apostolic Sessions which consists of training through the word or God in a classroom atmosphere. Here, you are not only to partake in the teachings but you are permitted to ask questions, testify, and elaborate on the lesson at the designated time of the service. Apostolic Sessions starts after praise and worship but all service times are subject to The Holy Spirit.
- Do you have a youth ministry? Yes, we have a youth ministry to specifically caters to the Biblical growth of our youth and well being of our youth. Our youth leaders are graced and find it a pleasure to assist our youth throughout the week on various projects or issues as well. There is an age requirement for our Sunday youth ministry which is ages 4-13. All of our youth are important and hold a special place in our hearts here at New Hope. Periodically, we host events, tutorials, and meeting for select age group depending on the subject matter.
- Is your ministry only for females? Our ministry is not gender bias, cred, or color. Although the majority of our congregation consists of women, we are NOT a female only ministry. In fact, we are petitioning and insulting males to join us as we activity further the kingdom of God. We know that Herod and many more principalities set out an assignment to try to prevent the male seeds from having a relationship with God, discovering their true identity and purpose and much more. Our mandate is to stop and prevent this from happening to our men. Men, we love you and endorse Heaven’s plans for your lives. Plant here at NHECC, the kingdom awaits you.
- How do I join New Hope Empowerment Center? Your love and support are always welcomed at NHEC. Please join us at our weekly services as you are directed through prayer. We would advise that you attend our weekly services a few times before making a decision on whether or not NHEC is your church. We are training and discipling ministry, being planted is beneficial to your spiritual growth (Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God Psalm 92:13). We like to give individuals and families the liberty to make a God ordained decision rather than a hasty, emotional one.
- What’s the dress code at NHEC? There is no dress code here at NHEC per say. The majority of our congregation wears casual clothing to our services but we have several that prefer to come formal. Either is totally okay with us. Our only guideline or restriction is not to show up in your “birthday suit” (insert your laugh here). Please try to refrain from showing your undergarments as we are a family ministry. If you feel uncomfortable during services because of your attire, please see one of our ushers or Elders as to how they can help assist you in the matter.
- What kind of adult education/spiritual growth opportunities do you offer? Our ministry is all about training, developing, equipping and empowering. We have several resources to help you grow spiritually depending on where you in your spiritual journey. Please browse our website as well as contact one our Elders.
- What we believe: We believe firmly in the trinity which is God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit. Jesus is our savior and by him there is no other means of salvation (Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved Acts 4:12).
We believe in the leadership of the five-fold ministry (11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ Ephesians 4:11-13).
We believe in the manifestations of God’s promises, revelation, and the prophetic. When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a new person inside. The old passes away, and a new life has begun (17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new 2 Corinthians 5:17). With that being said, it’s important to be born again with The Holy Spirit dwelling on the inside of us. It is our belief and God’s promise that The Holy Spirit will guide us in all truth 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Ephesians 5:18.
Character is very important to us. In fact, God promotes his character all throughout the Bible. We attempt to model what we’ve been taught concerning the truth of God’s spirit. Therefore, we are firm believers in accountability, integrity, respect, giving, and edifying!
- What denomination is NHEC? We are non-denominational. Our teachings and trainings originate from the doctrine of the Apostles. We are Apostolic which is not a denomination but a foundation.
- Do you accept all nationalities? NHEC warmly open our doors to ALL ethnicities, creds, and colors. W are a multi ethnicity ministry. Our hopes are to continue to grow with all kindreds and tongues.
- Are you a prophetic ministry? Being that we are an Apostolic ministry we strongly promote a prophetic culture. Prophecy is biblical and surely a sweet gift from God.